- Period: Heian Period / Kamakura Period
- Occupation: sesshō, kampaku
- Family: Fujiwara no Tadamichi (father) Kujō Yoshimichi (son) Kujō Yoshitsune (son) Kujō Yoshisuke (son) Kujō Yoshihira (son) Kujō Ninshi (daughter) Kanoe no Motozane (brother) Fujiwara no Motofusa (brother) Fujiwara no Kanefusa (brother) Jien (brother) Fujiwara no Masako (sister) Fujiwara no Ikushi (adopted sister) Fujiwara no Teishi (adopted sister)
- Birth: 1149AD
- Death: 1207AD
Kujō no Kanezane
He tried during his lifetime to stop retired emperors from intervening in the world of politics however lost his power in 1196 and so he became a monk.
1. Kodansha. (1993) ”Japan: An Illustrated Encyclopedia”. Tokyo: Kodansha Ltd.
2. Louis Frederic, translated by Kathe Roth (2002) “Japan Encyclopedia”. London: Harvard University Press.
Find the website useful?