- First ruler: –
- Final ruler: –
- Dissolution: –
- For a full list of Clans: See Japanese Clans.
During the reign of Emperor Kōtoku in the 7th Century, this clan alongside the Nakatomi Clan and Urabe Clan were tasked with overseeing the Shinto department known as the Jingikan.1 There was a guild of artisans (Be) known to have been responsible for the maintenance and keeping of objects relating to Shinto worship, which was over seen by Imbe no Obito.3
Members of the House
1. Martin, P. (1997) ”The Chrysanthemum Throne”. Gloucestershire: Sutton Publishing Limited.
2. Kodansha. (1993) ”Japan: An Illustrated Encyclopedia”. Tokyo: Kodansha Ltd.
3. Louis Frederic, translated by Kathe Roth (2002) “Japan Encyclopedia”. London: Harvard University Press.
4. Aston. W.G. (1896) “Nihongi Volume 1: Chronicles of Japan from the Earliest Times to AD697”. Tuttle Publishing.
Find the website useful?