- Period: Legendary Period
- Occupation: Empress
- Family: Emperor Kōshō (husband) Emperor Kōan (son) Ameoshitarashihiko (son) Amenooshio (father) Okitsuyoso (brother)
- Birth: –
- Death: –
She is said to have been the daughter of Amenooshio,3 and to have been the younger sister of Okitsuyoso.2 However, the Nihongi and Jinnō Shōtōki state that Okitsuyoso was her father and not her brother.14
She was made Empress on the 29th year, Spring, 1st month, 3rd day of Kōshō‘s reign.1
1. Aston. W.G. (1896) “Nihongi Volume 1: Chronicles of Japan from the Earliest Times to AD697”. Tuttle Publishing.
2. Chamberlain, B. H. (1932) “Translation of the Kojiki.” Kobe: J.L. Thompson & Co.
3. Ponsonby, F. (1959) “The Imperial House of Japan.” Kyoto: Ponsonby Memorial Society.
4. Varley, H.P (1980) “A Chronicle of Gods and Sovereigns: Jinnō Shōtōki of Kitabatake Chikafusa.” New York: Columbia University Press.
Find the website useful?