- Period: Edo Period
- Occupation: Daimyō of the Sendai Domain
- Family: Date Tsunamura (son) Date Munekatsu (brother)
- Birth: 1640
- Death: 1711
- Sendai Domain Daimyō Succession: Predecessor Date Tadamune * Successor Date Tsunamura
He was arrested by the shogunate for disturbance probably caused by Munekatsu which ultimately led to the Date Sōdō. After the eventual exile of Munekatsu following the Date Sōdō Tsunamune regained his daimyō title.1
1. Kodansha. (1993) ”Japan: An Illustrated Encyclopedia”. Tokyo: Kodansha Ltd.
2. Louis Frederic, translated by Kathe Roth (2002) “Japan Encyclopedia”. London: Harvard University Press.
Find the website useful?